Know Your Atlanta Marketing Community- Atlanta Hawks
The Atlanta Hawks will be recruiting at this years Job Fair! They have given us exclusive tips on creating a resume. Get to know what they are looking for- take note!
In preparing for a career fair where you have a very short amount of time to make an impression on a potential employer, your resume needs to stand out and speak to your accomplishments. Here are some helpful hints that we hope will help make you stand out in the crowd!
- As a general rule, limit your resume to 1 page, especially if you are applying for an internship or entry level position.
- Use clear, concise and specific bullet points to highlight your accomplishments in your previous positions, not just your job duties.
- Make it relevant! It is imperative to constantly be changing your resume to fit the types of positions for which you are applying.
- Try creating different resume versions, each highlighting your experience in a different functional area (i.e. a digital marketing resume, a sales resume, a general marketing resume, etc.)
- SPELL CHECK, SPELL CHECK, SPELL CHECK!
Best of luck to you in your job/internship search!